top of page

Market Research Group

Public·55 members
Luca Richardson
Luca Richardson

1 : The Visitors

Exchange visitors are not permitted to enter the United States earlier than 30 days before their program start dates. If you want to enter earlier than 30 days, you must separately apply and qualify for a visitor (B) visa.

1 : The Visitors

The J-1 classification (exchange visitors) is authorized for those who intend to participate in an approved program for the purpose of teaching, instructing or lecturing, studying, observing, conducting research, consulting, demonstrating special skills, receiving training, or to receive graduate medical education or training.

Per federal regulations, B-1 and B-2 nonimmigrants (i.e., visitors who are in the United States for business and pleasure purposes) are prohibited from enrolling in a course of study at a U.S. Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified school.

Whether you're here for a day or for several weeks, SFMTA makes it simple for visitors to get around the city with ease. A Visitor Passport can be purchased at ticket kiosks, on Clipper and sales locations for 1, 3, or 7 consecutive days of unlimited rides on Muni, Muni Metro, historic streetcars, and cable cars. Single ride Cable Car tickets are also available.

Princeton-sponsored J-1 exchange visitors seeking to enter the U.S. are required to present a DS-2019 signed for travel by an authorized advisor in the Davis IC to the U.S. port of entry. See Travel Validation by Responsible Officer on your form DS-2019 to confirm whether you have the appropriate travel authorization.

Princeton University Health Insurance Plans:J-1 exchange visitors are eligible for health insurance benefits that meet these minimum requirements based on their appointment at Princeton University. The J-1 Visa Health Insurance Plan and the AETNA HMO Health Insurance Plan offered by Princeton University both meet the required minimum requirements. Further information about these health insurance benefits is available on the Office of Human Resources website or by calling the Human Resources Benefits Office at 609-258-3302.

Spouses and unmarried children up to the age of 21 qualify for dependent status of a J-1 exchange visitor. Dependents carry J-2 status. J-2 dependents of J-1 exchange visitors who are subject to the two-year home residency requirement are also subject to the two-year home residency requirement. J-2 dependents are also subject to the 12-month bar from becoming J-1 professors or research scholars if they have been in the U.S. for 6 months in the previous 12 months. Dependents cannot work automatically once they arrive, but are eligible to apply to the United States Citizenship & Immigration Service for work permission/employment authorization. See more information at: J-2 Work Authorization.

Short-term business visitors may enter the United States on a B-1 business visa or a WB visa waiver. If the visitor will receive any payment for services, including an honorarium, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) restricts the length of the stay at the university to a maximum of nine days. If the visitor must be at the university more than nine days, contact the International Office for assistance with a J-1 exchange visitor visa application.

Federal regulations governing the J-1 Exchange Visitor Program requires all exchange visitors to carry insurance meeting specific coverage amounts, which have been outlined below. The requirement applies to all exchange visitors and their J-2 dependents. Under this regulation, if you fail to carry the required insurance, for yourself or your J-2 dependents, the University must terminate your participation in its Exchange Visitor program, and report that termination to the State Department. Termination would end your J-1 status and your eligibility, and that of your J-2 dependents, for employment, and would jeopardize your affiliation with the University. Compliance is your responsibility. Some medical plans, those offered through the University or perhaps your national health insurance, meet the requirements.

UAB is an internationally renowned, public doctoral research university and academic health center. We are committed to diversity on Campus. UAB hosts about 300 exchange visitors every year across all academic units, primarily in our School of Medicine from 81 countries working in about 17 different type of specialties on campus. We would love to host you!

Anyone visiting a DC resident may request a visitor parking permit (VPP) through the ParkDC program. A VPP may be used by people visiting from out-of-town and by residents who live in other neighborhoods. Rather than relying on the manual process managed by MPD District personnel, residents or visitors may now obtain visitor parking passes in any of the following ways:

The B-1/WB Delegate Program at NIH allows appointed administrative staff members, or "Delegates," within an Institute/Center (IC) to coordinate the short-term stay of foreign national scientists (visitors at NIH for fewer than 90 days) without sending a case to DIS. For more information, refer to our B-1/WB Delegate Program webpage.

B-1 or WB visitors may not receive a salary or other payment from a U.S. source other than reimbursement for expenses incidental to the individual's temporary stay (e.g. per diem and travel) and honorarium in limited circumstances.

B-1 and WB visitors must depart the country on or before the expiration date on the Form I-94 (unless they are in B-1 status and have filed an application for an extension of stay). There is no grace period for individuals in B-1 or WB status.

On behalf of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), SEVP manages schools, nonimmigrant students in the F and M visa classifications and their dependents. The Department of State (DoS) manages Exchange Visitor Programs, nonimmigrant exchange visitors in the J visa classification and their dependents. Both SEVP and DoS use the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) to track and monitor schools; exchange visitor programs; and F, M and J nonimmigrants while they visit the United States and participate in the U.S. education system.

The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) is the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) program that administers the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). It ensures that government agencies have essential data related to nonimmigrant students and exchange visitors to preserve national security. SEVP provides approval and oversight to schools authorized to enroll F and M nonimmigrant students and gives guidance to both schools and students about the requirements for maintaining their status.

SEVIS is a web-based system for maintaining information on nonimmigrant students and exchange visitors in the United States. It is the core technology for the DHS in this critical mission. SEVIS implements Section 641 of the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996, which requires DHS to collect current information from nonimmigrant students and exchange visitors continually during their course of stay in the United States. In addition, the Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act of 2001 (USA PATRIOT Act; Public Law 107-56, amended Section 641) mandated implementation of SEVIS prior to Jan. 1, 2003.

SEVIS tracks and monitors nonimmigrant students and exchange visitors. If accepted by an SEVP-certified school, foreign students may be admitted to the United States with the appropriate F or M nonimmigrant status. If accepted for participation in a Department of State-verified exchange visitor program, exchange visitors may be admitted to the United States with J nonimmigrant status. Records of these nonimmigrant admissions and continued participation in these educational programs are maintained in SEVIS. Further, SEVIS enables SEVP to assure proper reporting and record keeping by schools and exchange visitor programs, thereby ensuring data currency and integrity. SEVIS also provides a mechanism for student and exchange visitor status violators to be identified so that appropriate enforcement is taken (i.e., denial of admission, denial of benefits or removal from the United States).

The Study in the States website allows ICE and its partner agencies, as well as DoS, to more effectively communicate information to nonimmigrant students, exchange visitors and their dependents. The site features dynamic and interactive content in a user-friendly manner and uses social media tools, such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to provide updates to visitors around the globe.

The exchange of international visitors promotes the interchange of knowledge and skills, mutual enrichment, and stronger links between research and educational institutions in the US and foreign countries. The J-1 status is a temporary, nonimmigrant status. Participants are expected to return to their home country upon completion of their program.

The U.S. Department of State has provided more details about the J-1 exchange visitor's program in their Welcome Brochure for exchange visitors.

All proceeds from the sale of tours and merchandise benefit the Brigade of Midshipmen activities.The Visitor Center is the first stop on a visit to the undergraduate college of the U.S. Navy and U.S. Marine Corps. Information specialists welcome visitors to view the 13-minute film, The Call to Serve. The film plays daily, repeating every 15 minutes. While visiting be sure to take a guided walking tour with one of our professional, certified guides.

USNA Gift Shop: The USNA Gift Shop, inside the Visitor Center, provides visitors with an official United States Naval Academy shopping experience. The online Gift Shop can be found online at

Please note, the Dashew Center does not overlook scholars at the UCLA School of Medicine.The UCLA School of Medicine Visa and Licensing Office handles all J-1 visa related matters for visitors in the School of Medicine and other affiliated hospitals. 041b061a72


Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...


  • Edward Turner
    Edward Turner
  • John White
    John White
  • Resa Ka
    Resa Ka
  • Hendry Emma
    Hendry Emma

Chat with a Professional

  • Ask the Professionals
bottom of page